by Jason Lowder September 30, 2022 5 min read
When most people think of camping, they envision sitting around a fire, telling stories, and roasting marshmallows.
While that is certainly a key part of the experience, there is so much more to it.
One important aspect is enjoying some good camping cocktails.
Unfortunately, lugging a blender and all of the necessary ingredients to make your favorite drinks can put a damper on even the most carefully planned camping trip.
But with a little creativity, you can enjoy all of your favorite cocktails without any of the hassles.
Below we'll share with you the 7 best camping cocktails to try on your next outing.
A good camping cocktail is a perfect way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Here are a few things to keep in mind when mixing up your next drink:
Nothing tastes better than fresh-squeezed citrus juice or herbs from your garden.
Stick to tried-and-true recipes or just mix up a basic vodka soda with a splash of your favorite juice.
Many cocktails can be made ahead of time, so you can enjoy them without having to mix them up at the campsite.
Choose spirits that are easy to transport and don't require any special glassware or equipment.
Remember to drink responsibly and keep an eye on your alcohol consumption when enjoying cocktails outdoors.
Whether you’re s’mores-ing around the campfire or just enjoying the great outdoors, these camping cocktails are the perfect way to spruce up your trip!
With a little bit of creativity, you can enjoy all your favorite drinks in nature. Here are 7 camping cocktails to get you started on your next adventure. Some of these drinks are also great when infused with smoke using our Smoked Cocktail Kit.
Whether you're enjoying a solo camping trip or spending time with friends outdoors, kick back and relax with a red wine spritzer in hand. Cheers!
1. Fill a glass with ice
2. Fill the glass about 1/2 full with red wine
3. Pour in your club soda or Sprite to the top and gently stir.
When it comes to camping cocktails, The Straight Whiskey is a classic. This no-frills cocktail is perfect for sipping around the campfire and enjoying the great outdoors.
So next time you're packing for a camping trip, make sure to include a bottle of whiskey and some glasses.
This one requires whiskey in the flask. Bourbon or rye whiskey like George Dickel Rye Whisky or Old Overholt.
1. Pour the whiskey into a cup and drink it, or sip it straight from the flask.
2. If you want to get fancy, you can add a dash of bitters or a slice of lemon. But ultimately, this cocktail is all about keeping it simple.
Recommended by: www.garnishwithlemon.com
This refreshing camping cocktail is perfect for sipping around the campfire. The bold flavor of Whiskey is balanced by the zesty ginger and lemon juices, making it a perfectly sophisticated drink to enjoy while enjoying the great outdoors.
1. Fill a highball glass with ice. Measure desired amount of whiskey and add it to the glass.
2. Top with ginger ale.
3. Squeeze the juice from a fresh lime wedge into the glass.
4. Stir the cocktail with a straw or a bar spoon.
Inspired by camping in Scotland whilst Deer hunting, drinking whiskey from hip flasks, and smoking cigars. This cocktail is the perfect campfire old-fashioned encompassing everything about camping.
1. Add all the ingredients to a stirring glass and stir over ice.
2. Decant into a bottle for your trip or hip flask for ease of drinking.
3. Garnish with an orange twist and serve with seared venison loin rolled in pine & dill.
Recommended by: www.allrecipes.com
This refreshing drink is perfect for sipping around the campfire or enjoying a hike. And the best part? It only requires two ingredients that you can easily find at any grocery store.
So next time you’re packing for a camping trip, don’t forget to throw a bottle of vodka and some cranberry juice into your cooler. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
1. Pour vodka and cranberry juice into a highball glass filled with ice; stir well.
2. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Whiskey and marshmallows are two of the most classic camping flavors. But why not combine them into one delicious cocktail?
This Rye Whiskey and Marshmallow Simple Syrup is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite whiskey while out in the great outdoors.
1. In a saucepan, heat water, and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add marshmallows and increase the heat to medium-high, stirring the marshmallows frequently until they're dissolved about 5 minutes.
3. Strain the marshmallow simple syrup into an airtight container (a bottle or mason jar works great here), removing the leftover marshmallow solids. Set aside to cool.
4. In a glass, add Bulleit and a splash of the Laphroaig (it's an option, but it adds a needed smokiness to the drink).
5. Stir in 60ml of marshmallow simple syrup, or more to taste.
6. Add ice, garnish with a toasted marshmallow, and enjoy!
Recommended by: www.themanual.com
There are cocktails out there so soothing they might as well be medicinal. The hot toddy recipe is a favorite for sore throats and sniffles.
1. Take 2 scoops of whole cloves and ground cinnamon, tie them together in a muslin cloth or herbal tea bag and simmer in hot water.
2. Simmer longer for stronger flavor.
3. Add whiskey to the flavored water.
4. Add a dash of sugar and garnish with a cinnamon stick and lemon wheel.
Whether you’re camping in the woods or simply enjoying a backyard bonfire, there’s nothing like sipping on a delicious cocktail to get you into the outdoorsy spirit.
Here are three ways to enjoy camping cocktails that are sure to please any crowd.
If you’re short on time or don’t want to lug all the ingredients with you, make your cocktails at home before you leave for your trip.
Simply freeze them in mason jars or plastic containers and thaw when you’re ready to enjoy.
A little bit of creativity can go a long way when it comes to dressing up your drinks. For example, skewer fresh fruits or herbs onto skewers and use them as stirrers or garnishes.
Cocktails can make you hungry, so it’s always good to have something to nibble on while enjoying your drinks.
As you can see, from the above selection of delicious camping cocktails they can come in many forms and don't have to be complicated.
These quick, straightforward cocktails can appeal to just about all tastes and come together in minutes.
And we are sure that you want to set up camp right now and get shaking!
by Owen Ingalls December 21, 2023 11 min read
by Jim Passantino October 20, 2023 3 min read
by Owen Ingalls October 17, 2023 4 min read
Sign up for our newsletter to learn about releases, exclusive deals and more!